Therapy has many forms such as a physical therapy which help to enhance ones physical health or a hair therapy which helps your hair to receive the necessary nutrition and like therapeutic dentistry is also a form of therapy which helps to restore the health of your teeth and gums. Therapeutic dentistry is a very important part of the dentistry which contributes to ones oral health.
When we talk about therapeutic dentistry, the first things that cross our mind is having our tooth extracted. But a professional dentist always tries its best to preserve the natural teeth and even if they suggest a tooth extraction, it’s because that is the best choice to maintain your oral health. Here are some conditions where therapeutic dentistry becomes necessary:
1. Decayed tooth: Decayed tooth are those tooth which are badly damaged by cavity and lost its footing to stand by itself. If this kind of tooth left untreated for long the chance of the gum infected by various gum diseases highly increase. So it is necessary that you show this kind of tooth to a dentist and they will determine of tooth can be saved.
2. Orthodontic purpose: For orthodontic treatment one or more tooth might need to extract so that your teeth come into an alignment. In this treatment they not only adjust your cosmetic appearance but also the function of your mouth.
3. Gum diseases: For a healthy tooth to stand strongly a healthy gum is necessary. But due to various gum diseases your gum might not stay so strong to hold a tooth firmly. So in this case tooth extraction may become necessary.
4. Teeth that a non-functional: In some cases a tooth grow in a way that does not contribute in our overly function of the mouth. This kind of tooth can be extracted without affecting your biting function.
Therapeutic dentistry has many benefits such as:
1. Therapeutic dentistry helps to clean the plaque in your teeth and prevent it from building up which can cause various dental problem and gum diseases.
2. Therapeutic dentistry helps to suppress the decay and bacteria which can damage your oral health.
3. Therapeutic dentistry helps to prevent various gum diseases and its bad effect on our teeth and oral health.
Therapeutic dentistry helps us to maintain achieve our maximum oral health. And to maintain this oral health we need to do some very basic thing daily such as brushing, flossing, taking appointment to a doctor every six months and if it become necessary taking the procedure of therapeutic dentistry.